Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Screaming Hope Anyway I Can


A torn paper surfaced on my desk today. It said, “Lance Armstrong is riding. He is screaming HOPE anyway he can.” I’d written that while listening to a commentator during the Tour De France. I probably wouldn’t have taken the time to watch this year, but in 2004 Dr. Loggie told husband to ride a bike to help his recovery. That summer husband became the Lance Armstrong wannabe. No, not modeling Lance’s lifestyle, but he’s tenacity. We’ve followed him during his retirement and watched him train for this year’s big race. We wanted him to win. He didn’t, but he still placed third.

It seemed to me the race was rather tame this year, until the day Lance revved it up. The newscasters were screaming he rode so fast and past others they didn’t think possible. Husband’s watched the repeats over and over again.

I don’t plan to ride a bike anytime soon, but I want to “Scream Hope” to others. Anyway I can. That’s not a bad legacy to leave behind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

... and I scream hope in your direction Kat!