Monday, August 3, 2009

My friend from Wordsowers writers group, Lee Warren compiled the information for a perpetual calendar, Inspiring Moments from the Great Outdoors. I bought one when they first came out and placed it near our printer at work. Many of my co-workers have commented on the bits of trivia. Today I read one that said,

“In 1934 the fastest wind speed ever recorded in the United States was recorded on top of Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. The wind reached 231 MPH.”

The idea of wind traveling that fast reminded me of where I stand right now. I feel like I’m on top of that mountain with stuff flying at me from all directions, the “stuff” is flying by me so fast I can’t get a grip on anything.

Oh well, whoever recorded that fastest wind speed ever, only experienced it once. That must mean this too will pass and later this week I’ll handle whatever comes my way. Until then, I’ll rely on the Lord, husband, family and friends to help me remember what’s absolutely necessary. The rest, well it really doesn’t matter in the game of life anyway, right?

No comments: