Friday, August 21, 2009

Found a photo, but on someone else's computer without my photo manager and stuff, I'm lost. So here's the skinny for tonight. Had a great day. It's late and I'm finally wearing down. Thought maybe by now my friend Sharon might call back. We haven't seen each other in fifty years. She called this evening, while we are talking she's freaking out. "Oh, Kat, you won't believe this. I'm breaking out. Blotches everywhere. It's all over my legs." She checked her tummy. "Even my stomach." Sounded like allergic reaction to me. Assured her I'd find people to start praying. Hope it's nothing serious, but as we talked we were both thinking "Urgent Care" here I come.

For those who sent email, I can see you wrote, but for some reason on this computer, I can't view the messages. Grrr. Oh well, by the weekend and another computer I'll figure it out. (Did I say Roger where are you?)

Jill I see you are trying to put the crit group together on another night, great. My only problem is getting there. Possibly Teresa or Glennette will join, I'll check that out as we go along. Oh, well then there is this thing called "Cancer" that might interuppt my plans, too. I do hope you keep moving forward on your ideas anyway, you have my full support grlfrnd.

Then back to that thing that's interuppting my life. Did I tell you a six-year old gave up his window seat for me? He shrugged his shoulders like no big deal. Bobbed his cute little curly locks and grinned at me. "It's alright, I don't mind," he said. Then later when the flight attendant said, "Mrs. Crawford, you need a wheel chair, right?" That little guy looked at me, his eyes wide and said, "You handicapped?" Cute. You should have seen his mothers shocked reaction. Priceless. Kids are sooooo real.

But back to this thing. I've found myself saying, "Please be careful of my left arm, I've had surgery." That makes people think frozen shoulder, broken arm, or possibly pulled muscles. I realized tonight I avoid the C word. Gotta get wild and wooly with this THING that no longer lives in my body, but has created a hole in my future. Cancer demands respect, you can't avoid it, step around it or pretend it's not real.

Oh and one other reminder, it doesn't matter if cancer has history in your family. I only have one Aunt that had breast cancer. You see, cancer doesn't respect the gene pool. Remember ladies, be good to yourself. Have a mammogram once a year and self exam often. You only have one life, use it to the fullest.
PS: Have you found my other blog A Caregivers Corner? I did post there today for the first time in months. Life is just too full to get everything done I want to do before I'm done here.

No comments: