Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Without A Vision



I’ve been asked how I managed a trip to Oregon.

I didn’t, God did.

I asked four authors to pray about my trip. One of them suggested I ask for a scholarship to the conference. Once before I asked for a scholarship and when turned down, I felt rejected and embarrassed. Yet, this year, I felt if I asked an author to pray and she felt I should ask, why not. I did and within an hour I received a “Yes.”

I didn’t know how much in $ that might mean, but I felt the Lord gave me confirmation to pursue my dreams. That also meant I had to tell husband I had plans where he wasn’t included.

Bless his heart, Husband said, “I’ve already been thinking you need to see your mother this summer. Go for it.”

Lord, you know my siblings need Jesus. Is it possible for me to speak in churches in their neighborhood? The next day I listed churches in the area, called fifteen. Called bookstores, newspapers, radio stations and asked to share COC books at the family reunion.

How did I do that? One call at a time. It is a lot of work, but the rewards now are awesome. My siblings sat in congregations where I spoke. The scholarship helped and I generated enough dollars to pay for half my expenses. Where does the other half come from? Money I’d earned speaking in Nebraska.

Funny, when I look at the overall picture I am involved in making the trip happen.

But think about it, my vision was not big enough.
What have I missed because I failed to dream?
Without a Vision...

Kat in Omaha

1 comment:

Kindred Heart Writers said...

Kat, Our God is awesome and your telling of His greatness just reinforces what we all know. Thank you for sharing. More in e-mail another time. Good post. Just Walking Clella