Monday, August 11, 2008

God Answers Prayer

“Mom, what do you want for Mother’s Day,” our oldest daughter asked.

“A flight to Oregon.”

“Try again in my price range please.”

“I don’t have a desire list anymore. Why write things down or even pray about something I know I cannot afford?”

Before we hung up I suggested a couple items I’d like.

The next morning I realized why I didn’t write out a desire list like I had in the past.

In the past when I wrote out a list, I’d shop sales or second hand stores or save like crazy for a major purchase. Now I don’t have the time or money for shopping and there isn’t anything extra to save.

That day I wrote a list in my prayer journal: New computer. Attend family reunion in Oregon. Attend OWC. I added a couple smaller items, too: A banner long narrow banner to greet people on the front porch, a novel to read, and help with my publishing a book.

That same week a virus ‘killed’ my laptop and husband insisted I buy a new one. “Lord, I forgot to add I wanted a new pc without hassles and bills, but I will trust you for the finances.”

The following week I asked four author friend, “Will you join me in prayer? It will take a miracle for me to attend family reunion and writer’s conference. I have no way of making any of this happen.”

It is now August 9th. I attended the family reunion—the first time in 21 years. I also spent quality time with family and friends, spoke in churches, held booksignings, sold all the books I had shipped to Oregon and attended OCW Conference.

God is still in the miracle business.

Kat

No comments: