Thursday, August 21, 2008

FCW an Online Writing Group

What I’ve learned from FCW:

When I attend a Christian conference, I’m surprised when I meet authors not connected to Fellowship of Christian Writers (FCW) or any other online writer’s support group. I listen to their reasons:

v I don’t have enough time
v I’m on dialup and it’s difficult to manage the website
v I’m involved with a local critique group and don’t feel I need anything else

Sometimes I share what I’ve learned, other times I quickly realize the author doesn’t want my info. Okay, that’s fine, not everyone does need a support group, However, there are times I want to teach a class on how FCW is a powerful tool for an author.

What have I gained from FCW?

Years of valuable wisdom shared with me for free.

Someone suggested:

Write for a newspaper. I did. In the process I learned to interview cold turkey, make deadlines, and produce readable copy that pleased my editor.

Set weekly goals and post praises. When I put this tip in action I produced more and felt better about my writing.

Post lessons learned. Wow. I’ve a wealth of wisdom packed into these lessons and now I’m using them for my blog: Straight from the Lion’s Mouth.

Grammar Experts live at FCW. Ask questions, receive answers.

Not all our families and friends understand the world of an author, but on FCW we have prayer support and author support.

Kudos and applause for our FCW moderators and the rest of the gang.

and a sincere thank you from Kat

More information about FCW visit:
http://fellowshipofchristianwriters.org

No comments: