Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not About Me!

When I read Joni Tada’s devotional yesterday, I claimed it for me. I’d memorized Psalm 5:11 during another tumultuous time in my life. I pulled out the Amplified Bible, looked up the verse. The first part says, "But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice....." The last of the verse says "....let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits." That's me, in high spirits.

This is Saturday. I drove to work at daybreak, finished a pile of inpatient charges and then saw the doc for a pre-op. Tomorrow I speak at the Louisville Christian Church, Monday I work and Tuesday I’m taking a break from work to visit with all those people at Bergen Mercy Hospital.

Remember I said, this journey is about someone else, not me. Yesterday a patient called all flustered with her bills. I empathized with her, while I set her up on a payment plan I told her how confused I’d been when husband struggled with cancer. “I work in medical billing and didn’t know what to do.”

The patient said, “I’m in the medical profession?” I moved from one screen to another and said, “Really, where do you work?”

“I’m a pharmacist at Bergen.” Guess what? That young lady is coming to meet me in surgery. Said she’d hold my hand. Are you excited yet?

Okay before Monday I still need to send off two articles, clean my desk, complete the legal stuff—P OA for daughter Marcy. Then must copy advanced directives and all that other stuff. Fortunately, we did all that legal stuff when husband was sick. That won’t take long.

Thanks for your prayers,
Kat still Lionhearted

No comments: