Friday, July 31, 2009

An Evening Out

It’s early Friday morning, the day after the Blackwood Brothers Quartet concert. The only problem with the concert, I allowed the pain meds to wear off and now I can’t catch up, or is it because I left my pillow at home and that caused the problem? The pillow props up the left side and eases the drag on the stitches. I don’t know the answer, but I know I needed out of the house and I enjoyed every minute of the Blackwood Brothers Quartet. The guys always give a full performance, they clown, bring laughter and the gospel message.

Outside of our house I didn’t feel like a patient anymore. I grabbed four Capsules of Hope books to drag along and of course, we sat in the second pew right by the piano. DeAnn Johnson of Eagle Wings Promotions, and her son Kyle sat in front of us. Then a woman asked if the rest of the front row was taken. She glanced at me, her eyes opened wide. “Aren’t you Kat Crawford?”

Can you believe DeAnn and Husband had fun with that, “The famous Kat Crawford.”

When Joyce introduced herself, I remembered she’s the greeter at Greenwood Christian where I’m scheduled to speak on August 16th. What a fun visit. Joyce felt certain God arranged our evening, I think so too.

You know I can’t waste such an evening, I sold three books, handed out several business cards and it looks like I have another speaking date arranged. While sharing the Capsules of Hope info I met another cancer survivor. She struggled through breast and ovarian cancer and looked great.
Cancer is such a scary word, yet many people live through the battle—no one chooses the journey, it just happens. When Jimmy Blackwood closed the program he brought his friends up to date with his mother, she’s been diagnosed with a reoccurring cancer. A good reminder for all of us to pray for the Blackwoods and their families.

No comments: