Friday, March 16, 2012

Ready to Work

"Reporting for duty, Mook."
Husband dressed up for many Easter dramas, Bashful the Clown, and even when he signed in for housework duty. He loved an audience. Paddy and I were two that applauded his nonsense the most. 
A few years ago someone gave him three one million dollar bills—fake of course. He offered them to clerks in the grocery stores, asked the bank to change one for smaller bills, and he shared one of those bills with granddaughter Savannah.
Last week Savannah lost her wallet. She texted her mom in a panic. Marcy found the wallet in her car, snapped a photo, texted it to Savannah with a note:
Little girl…I have kidnapped your wallet. You will be contacted with further instructions on where 2 make the million dollar cash drop. I accept only large untraceable bills and remember….no police or no deal.
Imagine Marcy’s surprise when later that night Savannah whipped out her million dollar bill to pay for her wallet.
Life is what we make it.
Savannah and her mom chuckled at the memories of Grandpa and his million dollar bill.
The photo of a great Saturday morning salute brought me chuckles. Husband thought himself really cute. I must have thought him cute, too. I snapped the picture.   


2 comments:

quietspirit said...

Kat:
Its good to have these memories. I'm sure Savannah and her mother will share both memories in years to come.

quietspirit said...

Kat:
Its good to have these memories. I'm sure Savannah and her mother will share both memories in years to come.