Monday, October 6, 2008

Editorials Matter

I did accomplish a lot last week, but I’m never satisfied with my production. Then when I felt stressed and anxious about my writing ability and our household finances, I happened to read an editorial in Discipleship Journal by Connie Willems. She expressed my feelings perfectly. One of her phrases smacked me in the head. “My weakness is a core condition.”

Yes. She labeled my problem. (Probably yours, too).I run around feeling stressed because I can’t get everything done. Never is there enough of me or hours in any day to complete my yesterday’s to do list, much less add today and tomorrows. But the beautiful part of the editorial is Willems shared the solution—Paul said it, “when we are weak we are strong.”

Go ahead and snicker if you like. I’m an old believer, taught the scriptural application to others and yet, once in awhile (like every month), I need that old lesson brought home to me again.

My lesson for the week: God waits with open arms saying, “Jump, Kat. Jump. I’ll catch you. You aren’t on that limb by yourself.” Then after he’s caught me I know He’ll say, “the rest of your mess will be completed in due time. Allow me to provide time and finances for you. Now relax.”

It feels like the Lord has handed me a beautiful bouquet. I’m so human and yet He loves me. He loves you, too.


No comments: